having code fever and headache. Already taking paracip-650 ( paracetamol
I am sorry you are feeling so sick.
For your headache and fever, you can also take ibuprofen or naproxen. These are in the NSAID family and treat pain and inflammation and fever. But be sure to eat something before taking it because they can irritate the stomach.
For ibuprofen, you can take 400 mg up to every 8 hours.
Regarding antibiotics, if your infection is less than 10 days, it is most likely a virus, and an antibiotic will not help and can cause drug resistance. That does not mean that you are not very sick, it just means that we don't have a medicine to make it go away, but if you are otherwise a healthy person, your body will recover. A cold with fever and headache may be the "flu", which is viral.
If, however, you have a bad cough with your fever, you should get a chest xray to make sure you don't have pneumonia. In that case, you would need an antibiotic.
I hope this information helps. Please let me know if I can provide further information.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for chronic hip/pelvic pain
- What causes coughing, sneezing, headaches and watery eyes?
- Suggest treatment for post nasal drainage and runny nose
- What causes foul body odor and overactive bladder while taking Trospium?
- What causes pain near the navel area?
- What causes joints pain with welts and teeth problems?
- Suggest remedy for drainage at back of throat and vomiting sensation
- Suggest treatment for pain under the clavicle
- Suggest medication for ADHD
- Suggest medication for bloating in a person with history of colitis