YYYY@YYYY several months ago use drops to clean out earns

ENT Specialist
Question
YYYY@YYYY several months ago use drops to clean out earns (live in AZ) the rt ear seem to clog so I washed them out in shower with too warm of water. I had some buzzing behind my right ear that wouldn't go away. Went away completely twice but just for aprox 1 day then came back. Went to my local doctor and he said rt ear needed cleaning so they washed it out. Still got buzzing. Went back he said I had infection. Gave me Ciprofloxacin 500mg. Took that along with some drops but still had buzzing. Talked to a doctor not ENT online he said no tinnitus it is probably viral and needs to heal use garlic drops and be patient. I used garlic drops for 4 days straight but the buzzing is still there and I don't know whether to just not do anything and wait or use the drops. I don't really have pain but can feel some discomfort in the ears once in awhile. The buzzing sound is greatly down when using meclizine hci. I am thinking this happened because of the ear drum getting burned a little not infection?? The second doctor said I don't need a specialist just be patient and it will go away. But the buzzing has been going on for over a month and seems to be just behind rt ear (which is the one that was cleaned out by my doctor) seem to have fairly normal hearing in both ears. I am in my 60's and in good shape.
Mon, 5 Feb 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Tinnitus

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query
You are having tinnitus. It is probably due to eustachian tube blockage. It might have resulted due to washing the ears by too warm water which can result in change in middle ear pressures.
Please tell me do you have any ear discharge?
Any history of nasal blockage or congestion or throat infection in the recent past?
Follow up with the required information so that I can suggest you better and prescribe you accordingly.
Thanks and regards

Follow-up: YYYY@YYYY several months ago use drops to clean out earns 57 minutes later
I have had no ear discharge. No history of nasal blockage never had throat or ear infections ever. I have used flonase and a sinus wash since this happened but really have had no sinus issue to speak of - I have high blood pressure so use sinus buster and no decongestants since moving to Arizona.
Follow-up: YYYY@YYYY several months ago use drops to clean out earns 1 hour later
I have had no ear discharge. No history of nasal blockage never had throat or ear infections ever. I have used flonase and a sinus wash since this happened but really have had no sinus issue to speak of - I have high blood pressure so use sinus buster and no decongestants since moving to Arizona. Some other info - when sleeping I get less noise when sleeping with right ear on pillow or right ear down. I did run a lot more warm water into my right ear when this first happened. The right ear does seem to be the problem. I have done a lot of Tinnitus researching on line no real cure but since this might be water related will a ear popper or something of that nature work? Trying holding nose blowing out so on - sinus wash -

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 26 hours later
Brief Answer:
Tinnitus with eustachian tube blockage

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for the information.
My advise is you should use a nasal spray and take an oral decongestant too like a combination of levocetrizine plus phenylepherine twice daily for a week. Take vitamin b12 1500 micrograms once daily.
This will help to decongest the eustachian tube and the middle ear mucosa and thus will help to relieve symptoms.
Get a pure tone audiometry done to see if there is any nerve loss.
Any specific medicines for tinnitus must be started only after seeing the reports.
All the medicines I have prescribed will be available only on prescription.
Thanks and regards

Follow-up: YYYY@YYYY several months ago use drops to clean out earns 11 hours later
I have high blood pressure would it be ok to take nasal spray and take an oral decongestant too like a combination of levocetrizine plus phenylepherine twice daily for a week. One week might not hurt is that what you suggest thanks again. b

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 38 hours later
Brief Answer:
Tinnitus

Detailed Answer:
Hi
You should continue with your anti hypertensive medicines along with the medicines I have prescribed.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Thanks and regards