Will Zolpidem tartrate show in a urine analysis test?

Question
I took one pill of my wife's 10mg zolpidem tartrate (Ambien) on a Tuesday night at 11pm (I ran out of zzzquill) and had a urinalysis on Thursday at 1:45pm. The test was an XXXXXXX 9-50+MDMA/6AM/T. I only took this as a last resort since i was tossing and turning and could not fall asleep. I had a big presentation that morning and wasn't using my best judgement. I only took this pill that night and no other time. Will this show up on my drug test? Break it down barney style to me. Thanks.
Posted Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

Yes, this drug would show on your urine screen. It is rather unfortunate that the timing was totally wrong. Try talking to your doctors but it would be hard to turn around.

I hope this answers your query. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Thanks for trusting us with your health question this day!

Follow-up: Will Zolpidem tartrate show in a urine analysis test? 4 hours later
I guess the question would be, does urinalysis test XXXXXXX 9-50+MDMA/6AM/T specifically test for ambien? With 38 hours between taking the ambien and taking the random drug test would there be a false positive or enough of a trace to make it an issue?

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
See below!

Detailed Answer:
Urine screens look for all possible drugs of abuse including ambien. Unfortunately, I do not know which specific test they use as I only order and get results back.

38hours is not enough time to get this out of your system. It would most likely shown in your urine screen. I am so sorry for all the inconveniences this has caused or would cause to you!

I wish you well.