Widal test done for paratyphoid. What is the finding?
The widal test for typhoid mixes the blood of a persons suspected with typhoid or paratyphoid with the bacteria that causes it. If a person has typhoid/paratyphoid fever then their blood would contain antibodies which would react with the bacteria.
Antibodies are formed in a persons body in response to an infection.
In the widal test- serial tests may be taken to look for any changes in the level of the titre. A single result is of little value but 2 samples at 2 different times are used to check for changes.
There are different types of salmonella antigens (bacteria types) and the ones that are used in the widal test are the O and H antigens. You had the H done.
In general , a titer of greater than 200 would be considered high for the H antigen.
At 1:320 , this would be significant but it would be important to interpret it with your other results.If the previous result was 1:80, it implies an increase.
In general it increases in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th week, after which it will start to decline.
You may want to consider speaking to your doctor to check for any other trends.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Undergone widal test what are the findings in the report
- What are the findings from the widal test
- What does my widal test show
- What does my widal test report say
- What is a significant titer for widal test
- Widal test done what does the finding indicate
- Widal test done for paratyphoid what is the finding
- Had widal test for typhoid what are the findings
- What can be interpreted form this widal test report
- Got widal test done what are the findings
- On insulin for diabetes. Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. What...
- Having cramps and periods. Took advil. What should I do to get relief...
- I am 20 years old. Trying to increase height. Suggest some medicine
- Having sarcoidosis disease. What happens when they come into contact...
- After waking up there is a loud pop and the hearing improves. Looking...
- Put oxygen in nose during colonoscopy. Started sneezing and runny nose....
- Had intercourse. Getting burning sensation when urinating. What are the...
- what does Minor linear atelectasis and fibrosis posterobasal segment...
- Have blocked bile duct. Scan could not found gall bladder. What is the...
- Ultrasound showed benign cyst in kidney. Blood test showed low vitamin...