Why is my child still having breathing problems after an adenoidectomy?
My daughter age 5years has gone adenoids hypertrohy on 28th may2018 for nose block.
But daughter stills sleep open mouth in night and laso breath from mouth. so sir can u suggest what actually it is . is nose still block .pls suggest
Enlarged adenoids is one of the commonest reasons for nasal blockage or mouth breathing in children. If a child is still having problem while breathing through nose after a adenoidectomy than eithe there is some other cause or there is a remnant adenoids that is causing blockage. Other causes can be a deviated nasal septum or some nasal mass.
You should get a x-ray paranasal sinuses done and a x-ray nasopharynx lateral view for adenoids done and send me the picture so that I can suggest you better.
Any further questions are always welcome.
Thanks and regards
As i dicussed with a ent dr he told me that sinuse starts at the age of 7years
so how 5years child having sinus. kindly suggest
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Green mucus after adenoidectomy
- Yellow mucous after adenoidectomy
- Excessive mucus after adenoidectomy
- Eye pain after adenoidectomy
- Tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy help with stuttering problems
- Foul breath after adenoidectomy
- Fever after adenoidectomy
- Pain after tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy
- Cough after tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy
- Tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy why sound so mucus after