question-icon

Why is my child still having breathing problems after an adenoidectomy?

Posted on Wed, 21 Jul 2021
Question: Hello Sir
My daughter age 5years has gone adenoids hypertrohy on 28th may2018 for nose block.
But daughter stills sleep open mouth in night and laso breath from mouth. so sir can u suggest what actually it is . is nose still block .pls suggest
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal (22 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Nasal blockage

Detailed Answer:

Enlarged adenoids is one of the commonest reasons for nasal blockage or mouth breathing in children. If a child is still having problem while breathing through nose after a adenoidectomy than eithe there is some other cause or there is a remnant adenoids that is causing blockage. Other causes can be a deviated nasal septum or some nasal mass.
You should get a x-ray paranasal sinuses done and a x-ray nasopharynx lateral view for adenoids done and send me the picture so that I can suggest you better.
Any further questions are always welcome.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal (43 minutes later)
Hello Madam
As i dicussed with a ent dr he told me that sinuse starts at the age of 7years
so how 5years child having sinus. kindly suggest
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal (21 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Nasal blockage

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Sinuses are present since birth.
They expand with age.
Kids definitely can have sinusitis. You should get xrays done and send me the picture so that I can suggest you better.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist