Why does Brillinta cause dizziness?
There exact mechanism is not elucidated
Hi dear.Thanks for giving me an opportunity for addressing your query.
According to me there is no exact mechanism by which Brillinta(ticagrelor) causes dizziness.Studies have shown that upto 10% of the patients have experienced dizziness with Brillinta but this does not call for a discontinuation of the drug.It takes time(2-3 weeks) for the body to adapt for this effect.
More importantly I would also evaluate if dizziness is due to any of the co-prescription drugs.If this is troublesome I were to suggest to switch to another anti-platelet medication(clopidogrel or prasugrel) and do a watchful monitoring.
Hope this answers your query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Why caffeine causes dizziness
- Why does minocycline cause dizziness
- What causes dizziness symptoms dizziness
- Why does cancer cause dizzy spells
- Why acidity causes dizziness
- Dizziness causes
- Thyroxine why does it cause dizziness
- Why large tummy cause dizzy
- Why causes dizziness and discomfort when on epilepsy medication
- Why do antibiotics cause dizziness