Why do my hands and thumb hurt while urinating?

Dr. G.Srinivasan

Urologist

Posted on Thu, 27 Dec 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: My hands and thumb hurt when I urinate
Had ct scan early in year and the found enlarged lymph nodes in abdomen biopsy sand they were negative but they still think I have a tumor somewhere and I went to the bathroom to urinate and hand pain shoot down to my hands a couple of times today
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later
Hi
Welcome to XXXXXXX
I understand your problem and worry.
Unfortunately, there is no scientific explanation for the urinary symptoms and the hand pain.
A neurologist may be of help to sort out the pain issue.
When the abdomen has got nodes, since these are secondary to a problem elsewhere, the primary tumor needs to be located and treated.
You may require a battery of tests to find out the organ of origin.
Wishing you good health
DR GS