Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Why do I have irritation in the urethral opening of the glans penis?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 2130 Questions
I'm a male and my pee hole is irritated I don't have any bumps or discharge and it doesn't burn when I pee it's just a mild irritation , what is it
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 9 minutes later

Thanks for your query.

Irritation of pee hole ( urethral opening in the glans penis)     and skin surrounding it ,without any discharge ,bumps or burning during urination is most commonly due to some infection or mild allergy. Plenty of liquids including cranberry juice may help to find the path of speedy recovery and alleviate your sufferings and tension.

If it does not improve in 48 hours, you need urinalysis.

‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Why do I have irritation in the urethral opening of the glans penis? 8 hours later
It's mainly a lil irritated after I pee then it goes away is that normal?
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 56 minutes later

Good to hear from you again.     

Irritation of tip of urethral opening over glans penis is mostly due to mild infection. It can occur after urination or before urination both. With plenty of liquids it may disappear in few days. It doesn`t appear to be any serious problem.

Hope I have answered your query.

Wish you a Good Health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor