Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Why am I having hematoma like skin around my swollen penis?

Sep 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6271 Questions
this morning my penis suddenly swollen, i do not feel any pain and do not experience any problem for urinary. after check it looks like a hematoma of the skin around penis, i have used ice surround penis however the swollen havnt go down. i am wondering in the mean time is there anything i should do ? should i go to emergency for this ??
Posted Sat, 28 Dec 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 22 hours later
Brief Answer: yes, please go to the emergency Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX. Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum. I would come up with only two possibilities , these includes . 1 Paraphimosis , diagnosis can be confirmed by physical examination by a surgeon.The tight prepuce has been retracted but cannot be returned , and it is constricting the glans which is engorged and oedematous .The diagnosis is apparent at a glance . In my clinical practice this is a very common condition .Not an emergency case .Treatment is very simple and consult a surgeon . One ml normal saline +150 turbidity units of hyaluronidase is injected into each lateral aspect of the swollen ring of prepuce. 15 minute later swelling will reduce . If not then surgeon will do its work. 2 Phimosis ,due to narrowing opening of prepuce .Only circumcision is the treatment . In my opinion consult a surgeon and get his opinion as I mentioned above. Hope this information will be helpful for you. Further any question I will reply in follow up. Good luck. Dr. HET
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor