Why am I having a constant fever along with frequent urination while trying for pregnancy?
Please follow up with additional details
Thank you for your query.
Please follow up with the following details so that I can give you a definite answer
-when was your last menstrual period?
- Are your menstrual cycles regular?
-How long have you been trying to get pregnant?
-Do you experience any lower abdominal pain, vaginal discharge or bleeding at present?
-Did you check your temperature using a thermometer? If so,what is your temperature?
-Any urinary urgenc, frequency or pain during urination?
- Are you on any medications currently?
- Do you have any medical conditions including thyroid issues?
Follow up answer
Since you are experiencing increased frequency of urination along with fever, Urinary tract infection is a concern (even though you are not actively having pain).
Urine analysis and culture are required for the confirmation of diagnosis.
I would also recommend getting urine pregnancy test done too. Pregnancy can increase your core body temperature.
Please be advised to follow up with your primary care provider for confirmation of diagnosis.
If the urinary infection is confirmed, antibiotics will be initiated.
Hope this answers your question
Please let me know if you need further clarification
There are safe antibiotics for use during pregnancy
If at all, UTI is confirmed, there are safe choices of antibiotic if you are pregnant. The antibiotic like Nitrofurantoin is very good in treating UTI and safe during pregnancy.
Many women experience UTI in early pregnancy and are safely given antibiotics. Please do not worry.
Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Frequent urination while dieting
- Urge for frequent urination fever and pain while urination
- Fever in the afternoon frequent urination
- Tri sprintec and frequent urination
- Frequent urination fever mucus in urine
- Fever and shivering and frequent urination
- Bloated fever frequent urination
- Fever frequent urination shivering early pregnancy
- Frequent urination while running
- Fever and frequent urination