Why am I getting pain on one half of the face?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 24 Jan 2013 in General Health
Question: The right hand side of my mouth hurts (including my ear tongue and throat). It is as though my face has been cut into two! Left hand side perfect.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 8 hours later
The pain on one half of the face is likely to be related to a nerve related problem like neuralgia. You need to consult a neurologist for a detailed examination to detect the area affected.
Meanwhile you can start taking methylcobalamin supplements for mild symptomatic relief. The main treatment of such pains is gabapentin or pregabalin which are prescription medicines and are best taken under the guidance of your neurologist.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.