Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Why am I feeling pain inside ear?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 2542 Questions
Hi Doctor,
Since two days i am feeling pain inside my right ear. Feeling painful when am chewing any hard substance.
Posted Fri, 21 Dec 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 2 hours later

Thank you for your query.

1. Get your ears examined by an otoscopy from an ENT Specialist.

2. If your ear is normal, then this is a referred pain from the teeth or jaw since there is a common nerve supply. This is usually the case.

3. If you have recently had a cold or if the ear shows sign of infection or ear wax (also very common), this can be easily treated with medicaton, painkiller, ear drops and cleaning if required.

4. In the meantime, get an anti-inflammatory tablet prescribed by your physician, if necessary.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor