Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Which treatment will be good for pain in the knee?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions
My father and mother had pain in the knee. father aged 64 and mother at 59yrs. what is the treatment i can give. ayurveda, homeo or allopathy is good. Father is a smoker.
Posted Thu, 15 Aug 2013 in Arthritis
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 12 hours later

Thanks for your query.

Knee pains in this age are usually due to Osteoporosis.

Giving them Calcium supplements with Physiotherapy would be effective in reducing the pain.

For temporary relief they can take pain killers like diclofenac or aceclofenac.

If the above remedies fail, then Intraarticular steroids would surely help them.

For severe pains, allopathic medications are better than else.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Which treatment will be good for pain in the knee? 6 hours later
thank you doctor.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 38 hours later
You are welcome.

Thanks for using this service.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor