Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Which is the best medicine for vitamin B12 deficiency in elderly man?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1851 Questions
Which is the best available medicine in India for Vitamin B12 deficiency in elderly man.
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Vitamins
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 13 minutes later
Thanks for your query.
I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

There is several preparation of B12 like Vibrania and Rejunex. Following is cheap, good quality and easily available B12 preparation.

Inj Neurobion forte 1 injection daily Intramuscularly under physician supervision,
then Tab Neurobion forte 3 times a day for 10 days,
then 2 times a day for 3 months.

If you have problem with injection, you can start with tablet in above mentioned pattern.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor