When can Oxybutynin be discontinued?
Symptoms will recur! No withdrawal symptoms!
Hi and thanks so much for this query.
Oxybutynin is used to control symptoms of overreactive bladder. If stopped cold turkey, there are no withdrawal symptoms. However, symptoms of overreactive bladder would recur. If you are feeling better at this time, it might be best to reduce dosage than stop altogether. If you have worries about it, share with us as we may have tips on how to overcome and continue benefitting from this medication.
I hope this addresses your worry. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes enlarged heart?
- What causes spotting after having sex?
- Suggest side effects of Premarin
- Suggest treatment for recurrent urinary tract infection
- Can Wimpat,Keppra and Lamictal be taken when BP is high?
- When can orgasm be experienced after a total hystorectomy?
- Is tremination of pregnancy at after 26 weeks advisable?
- What causes swelling at the injection site?
- Suggest treatment for Angioma
- What causes chronic Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura?