Why Is Oxybutynin Prescribed Exclusively For Women With Urinary Incontinence?
Oxybutinine is also beig prescribed to male patients
Thanks for query .
Based on the doubt that you have about Oxybutinine being prescribed exclusively to females I would state that Oxybutinine prevents involuntary contractions of bladder causing frequent urge to pas urine and it is being prescribed to male patients too .
Incontinence or leakage of urine is very common in elderly females compared to males reasons being
1) Female urethra is comparatively straight in relation to bladder neck where as male urethra is curved.
2) Male urethra is supported by strong pelvic and perineal muscles where as female urethra is supported by pelvic floor muscles which become lax and weak as the age advances causing leakage of urine with even minor increase in intra abdominal pressure like sneezing or coughing ..
3) There is no statistical, data available to compare incidence of incontinence in males verses females.But incidence of incontinence in males is almost negligible unless the sphincter of urethra muscle is damaged due to some injury or during surgical procedures .
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Abdominoplasty helps incontinence urinary
- Trimethoprim dose urinary
- Does adderall cause urinary
- E aerogenes men urinary
- Oxy elite pro and urinary
- Thickened endometrium symptoms urinary
- How can a peptic ulcer affect genitourinary
- Colonized bacteria in urinary
- Does lipo 6 black give you a urinary
- Medical problems what treatment is given for pyuria in urinary