Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

What treatment should be done for snoring problem?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 2553 Questions
I have snoring problem as reported by my friend who slept with me recently. I usually been alone for the last 5 years and not aware about it. What are the remedeis and action plan to address this issue as i a am getting married soon.
Fri, 28 Dec 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 3 hours later

Thank you for your query.

1. You should see an ENT Specialist. Get a Sleep Study done. Get your nose and throat examined by a flexible video-nasopharyngoscope. What is your weight and BMI (Body Mass index) ?

2. While it is normal for any body to snore once in a while when tired, if the Sleep Study shows more than 30 apneic episodes in 8 hours of sleep, each episode lasting longer than 30 seconds, then an OSAS (Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome) commonly known as snoring is present. A Sleep MRI (dynamic, cine MRI) may help understand the exact level of the obstruction which causes the snoring.

3. Do you have daytime sleepiness? lack of sleep at night due to constant waking up leads to excessive daytime sleepiness.

4. Kindly let me know the results of your tests. This will help in suggesting further treatment.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor