Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

What medicine should I take to get rid of constipation?

Sep 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1416 Questions
Hii. upper tummy is gettin full ..and i am gttin sour burbs... aam havin constipation problem...aam being prescribed with ornidazole,pan d, and gelusil, life style is bit lazy..also i eat could please let me know what is d best medicine would be to get rid of this problem. Sinc i am not able totake heavy food.Thanks
Sat, 2 Feb 2013 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 23 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query.

Look, you are suffering from hyperacidity. For this, you are experiencing sour burbs. But, you also have constipation.

For you the best drug is lansoprazole. If you do not experience any nausea, then you do not need any PAN D like drug. Just take the lansoprazole only. And right now, there is no indication of taking ornidazole group of drug.

Avoid fast foods. Take a balanced, nutritious diet. As you have constipation, it would be better to take high fiber diet. That means try to take some XXXXXXX leafy vegetables daily.

Take one enzyme group of syrup half hour before the meals. It will help to prevent indigestion.

You have to take albendazole group of drug. It will prevent you from developing any helminthic disease.

You should take isabgul dust every day at bedtime with lukewarm water. I am telling you this because, the anti-acidic agents can induce constipation as a side effect.

Do a liver function test and an ultrasound scan of whole abdomen. Sometimes some hepatobilliary system abnormality can present with this type of symptoms. So, to be on safe side, you can do those tests.

For the detailed prescription, you should consult with your treating doctor.

Lastly, if the above measures cannot give you any relief within 15 days, you should consult with a gastroenterologist in person. A clinical examination followed by a thorough investigation is necessary.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor