Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

What kind of specialist should I consult for small dark spot under my left foot?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 2015 Questions
I found a small dark spot like the size of a yellow bean underneath my left foot. Its not itchy but painful when I touch and or press on it. I only found out today when I rub my foot inside the blanket and I have a wired feeling of pain underneath my left foot. Can u tell me what should I do, and what kind of specialist I need to attend ? Will it grow big and I cannot walk by that time ?
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 2 hours later
Brief Answer: it could be a plantar wart Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to us. From the description provided, it could be a plantar wart. A plantar wart is usually more painful when pinched laterally. It can easily be treated with cryotherpay/ paring/TCA application/ Daily application of keratolytic solution like salicylic acid and lactic acid combination or electrocautery. It can definitely grow or spread.However it would not grow to an extent to hinder walking. I would advise that you meet a dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis and get it treated. A visit to a dermatologist is also encouraged to rule out any other possibilities. Hope this helped. Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor