Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

What is this painful inflamed spot on my foot?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
I have this painful inflamed spot ony foot and im not sure what it could be from. It never blistered, so im confused as to what it is! Its red inflamed and has been there for about a week!
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It is a bite Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for the picture and query. It looks like a bite from mosquito or tick. IF it is enlarging it is most probably erythema migrans by tick bite. Do you live in Lyme disease endemic area or went on hiking recently? Please see a local doctor for prophylaxis against Lyme disease. If not just observe for other symptoms like muscle pain, eye pain, undue fatigue. If you have them in next two weeks please see a local doctor. If you are not allergic to Aspriin you can apply DISPRIN Paste on it. It would subside. Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor