What is the treatment for psoriasis?

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Sat, 28 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: This is XXXXXXX ANAS from XXXXXXX Technologies India Pvt Ltd; My mobile number is 0000. I raised this question for my wife on her behalf. She is 23 years old and having Psoriasis skin problem for last couple of years. We took homeopathy treatment for last ~3 years but no improvement so far. She is taking R65 drops 10 ml thrice daily for last ~2 years. You can refer WWW.WWWW.WW for more details about this homeopathy medicine. We need your advice.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query. I can understand your concern. The treatment of psoriasis depends on the area of body involved. If less than 20 percent body area is involved we give topical medication while if it is more we give oral. Can you please tell me which all parts of her body is involved in the disease. This is important so I can help you better. waiting for your response. thank you
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 4 minutes later
Couple of patches throughout her body (size is 50 paise coin) 1) one in forehead 2) three in upper stomach area 3) couple of them in thigh and leg area 4) two patches in right hand Looking for your advice and prescription. I've attached the recent blood test report taken for the patient.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the follow up. I have checked the blood report. Only Hb is bit low rest all is normal.. Please give her iron tablets. Regarding psoriasis, the area of involvement is less so it can be managed with topical medication. Ask her to apply ointment halobetasol 0.05 % daily in night and some moisturizing cream daily in morning. She will get good relief within a month. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you