Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for photomelanosis?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 6247 Questions
SIR, My daughter suffering from photomelanosis ( brown spots observed on her face and also nec and forehand) so please be suggest best doctor and clinic at hyderabad or south India
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: Glycolic acid peels Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query, The photograph is not clear, if possible please upload a close up photograph. Probably she needs treatment with glycolic acid peels. This will help in reducing the pigmentation by peeling out the outer skin layer. Application of sunscreen is must in day. This procedure can be done by any dermatologist. You don't need to contact a particular dermatologist for it. You can visit a nearby specialty clinic and find a dermatologist. He/she can be able to perform this procedure and help you. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor