Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

What is the treatment for hard lumps on my anus?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9625 Questions
Hello, I am a 39 year old asian lady. In the last year I have noticed 2 small lumps very close to my anus (see the two attached photos). Each lump is the size of a large grain of rice or a very small pea, and is a fleshy pink colour. I thought they would go away, but they have not changed. Recently, one seemed to change and felt harder. Please can you advise me what to do next. Thank you.
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It is a Perianal Abscess Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have two small Perianal abscesses developed as a result of infection of the a Perianal Glands. Please consult qualified General Surgeon they needs to be incised and drained under general anaesthesia. In the mean while take broad spectrum antibiotic like Cefexine along with anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily.that will help to fasten the healing after surgery. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor