Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for grade two prostatomegaly?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9576 Questions
grade -II prostatomegaly can be treated only by operation or may be cure by taking medicine
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Endoscopic surgery (TURP)is better option. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have obstructive urinary symptoms due to Benign Enlargement of Prostate.which is confirmed by Ultrasound scanning to have grade 2 prostatomegaly. . There are two option for treatment either medical treatment which includes taking combination of drugs drugs like alpha blockers Tomsolucin and Dutasteride and endoscopic surgery like TURP .Medical treatment does help to improve urine flow but does not stop further growth of the prostate and has to be continued till you opt for surgery . . Since your ultrasound report reveals post void urine of 100 ml the results of medical line of treatment will not be satisfactory as for as increased frequency of urination is concerned. TURP is time tested gold standard procedure practised all over the world and gives encouraging results Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical evaluation and get TURP done as per your convenience. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What is the treatment for grade two prostatomegaly? 1 hour later
how much cost of this surgery
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: Cost will depend upon city and Hospital Detailed Answer: Hello hanks for follow up The cost of surgery differs from city and hospital where you wish to get it done.But in Simla it should be some where between 25 to 30 thousand Indian Rupees. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor