What is the recommended dosage of Drotin Ds?

Posted on Wed, 10 Jun 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: when and why DROTIN DS 80 MG IS TAKEN??
I M MALE 150KG RECENTLY DONE BARIATRIC SURGERY ON 15 MAY. PROCESURE WAS XXXXXXX GASTRIC BYPASS. EVERY THING WAS SMOOTH .... SUDDENLY FELT SEVERE PAIN ON LEFT SIDE STOMACH AND LEFT SIDE OF BACK. PLS ADVICE
Answered by Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
drotin is antispasmodic; tramadol is analgesic

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Welcome to HCM.
This is Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta answering your query.

I understand your concern.
I have gone through your question and history provided. Drotin- DS contains drotavarine double strength i.e. 80mg which is mostly used in spasmodic pain like gastrointestinal spasm or colicky pain. It is probably given for your left side stomach pain.
Whereas, ultracet i.e. a combination of acetaminophen and tramadol is a pain reliever. Tradamol is an opioid analgesic, centrally acting and acetaminophen is non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug. Together they inhibit central pain mechanism and provide relief.

Hope this was useful.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta