What is the reason for red sore streak on arms?

Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: Light color red streak inside left arm bicep just past armpit to elbow and just past elbow to mid forearm curving downwards. Sore if only touched at the point where streak ends at mid forearm. I can press into armpit and feel slight discomfort. When I extend left arm out I feel discomfort in bicep Slightly when I twist arm to the Right I feel a pull in mid forearm where line stops. There is no solid pain. Between 1 to 10 when touch I say 1. I lift a lot at work I am a meat cutter lifting all day boxes pans up to 100 lbs. Constantly working arms hands etc. I lift at a gym once or twice a week. I do work long hours 10 to 12 hours at times.. So some days I feel wore out. I'm a diabetic also I take aspirin low dose daily and 5mg high pressure pill and a cholesterol pill daily. I did have this checked they want to have a sonogram to see if it may be a blood clod. I also read about lymphoid. It has me concern. I'm 54 year of age. No injuries.
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Rhabdomyolysis may lead to hematoma collection.

Detailed Answer:

I have studied your case,

There can be intramuscular hematoma collection .The bleeding that occurs result in hematoma collection. Rhabdomyolysis may lead to hematoma collection.
Over a period of time, as hematoma resolves it cause local skin symptoms around the hematoma.

Continue ice application, and thrombhophobe ointment may help.
Another possibility of cellulitis with dermatitis can be considered.

Primarily you can take enzyme to decrease swelling like Tab Trypsin and chymotrypsin. Consulting your doctor infection /cellulitis can be confirmed, antibiotic can be started according to examination.

If required you may need to do blood investigation for prognosis and recovery.
Colour Doppler/ultrasound study will help to know cause of red streak
Vitamin B12 is important in the maintenance of health and normal functioning of the nerve tissue in diabetic patient. You can increase B12 level by taking meat and fish, or you can take Inj methylcobalamine 1500 mcg alternate day. [6 doses]

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari
Follow up: Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 8 hours later
I had an sonovenogram today no signs of blood clods nor lympnoids. There is no swelling. Slight pain in thumb not all the time. Red streak now fading yellow brown just like a bruse. Possible brused tissue from over working by heavy lifting I figure. Waiting on clinic to follow up for continue observation. Then I have appt with vet office next month. I will limit lifting for a few weeks. But will be hard due to my work as an meat cutter.
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Explained below

Detailed Answer:
Hello again,

Thats good that you do not have clot.

Take rest, do ice fomentation.