What is the dosage of Amoxicillin in a 2 year old?
My son (2 yrs 9 months old , 11 kg) fell down from the chair and got inflammation in the back head. Doctor prescribed AUGMENTIN 250 mg (amoxycilin and potassium clavulanate) tablet 1 in the morning and 1 in the night and LOFECAM 8 mg (lornoxicam) tablet half in the morning and half in the night. Ointment NOCINIX gel to apply.
My doubt is can i give 1 full amoxycillin 250 mg tablet to a small child?
Thx in advance.
Yes,the prescribed dose is appropriate
Thanks for the query
The dose of amoxycillin in children is 35-50 mg/kg/day in two to three divided dosage.The dose for 11 kg old child will be around 400-500 mg/kg/day.
So the prescribed dose of 250 mg of amoxycillin base twice a day is appropriate for your son.
I hope this answers your query.If you have any more doubts I shall be glad to solve it out.If you don't have any query then please close the discussion and rate it.
Wish your child speedy recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Amoxicillin dosage for oral infection
- What is the appropriate amoxicillin dosage for ear infection
- Amoxicillin dosage for strep throat
- Amoxicillin dosage for sinus infection
- Amoxicillin dosage for uti infection
- 3 year old with itchy amoxicillin rash
- Amoxicillin liquid dosage for adults
- Amoxicillin dosage for tooth infection
- What dosage of amoxicillin is required to cure gonorrhea
- Dosage of amoxicillin