What is the diagnosis for extreme back pain, headache and fever?
Thanks for the query,
The symptoms mentioned above extreme back pain, head ache with fever seem to be due to viral fever.
Treatment of viral fever is purely symptomatic with antipyretic (for fever) and analgesic drugs(pain). She needs ADVIL / MOTRIN 400mg, thrice per day after food as for her age. Complete Bed rest and adequate fluid intake is advised for 48 hours. Applying a cold sponging is helpful.
Soaking in lukewarm water for about 5 to 10 minutes a couple of times in the day
Dressing in clothing that is light and cool.
Consuming a lot of fluids, especially water, fruit juice, weak tea and hot soup. This helps reduce a Viral fever .Eating foods that are bland and are cooked without any oil or spices
Check for 24 hours, since you have mentioned extreme neck pain with inability to move the neck it is better you get yourself tested by a General physician if the above measures do not help.
Hope my answer is adequate, I am available for follow up should you have anymore concern.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Extreme back pain accompanied by nausea cold sweat dizziness
- Numb hands palpitations and extreme back pain
- Extreme back pain and craving milk why
- What is the cause of back pain with fever
- Can using meth cause extreme back pain
- Sudden onset of extreme back pain
- Extreme back pain in the mid back treatment options
- Sudden extreme back pain
- Extreme back pain transient
- Extreme back pain at onset of period