What is the cause of pain in the heart?
There could be few possibilities for your daughter's symptoms:
1) Stomach ulcers - which can often cause pain and discomfort in the chest region.
2) An anxiety-related problem. Anxiety can present with not only psychological symptoms but also physical symptoms like palpitation, chest discomfort, etc.
3) Side effect of the medication: Since she is on multiple medication this could be a cause for stomach ulcers; also sometimes, aderrall, being a stimulant medication can cause such symptoms.
The possibility of a cardiac problem is low, considering her young age and absence of any medical risk factors. However it would be worthwhile to have an ECG done to rule out this possibility.
I would suggest that she needs a thorough physical examination to ascertain the exact cause and plan remedial measures.
Wish you all the best.
- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What pain medicine causes rapid heart beats
- What causes heart palpitations and chest pain
- What causes heart palpitations with stomach pain
- What causes heart pain with palpitations and lightheadedness
- What causes chest pains and heart spasm
- What causes numbness in left arm with pain in heart
- What is the cause for getting pain in heart
- What causes faster heart beats and chest pain
- What could cause pain over the heart and breathlessness
- What causes drop in heart rate with chest pain
- Suffering from severe depression. Not cured by medicine. Is there any...
- Mistake in medical record showing addiction to benzos. Is there a chance...
- Tiredness, stomach problem, hate noise, negative feelings
- Taking Risperidone, Seroquel, had weight gain. Any other medication that...
- Have social anxiety. Not cured by medicine. Suggest some alternate cure
- Not getting cured and abusing adderall and xanax. Looking for your...
- Feeling depressed. Why am I having fobia of vomiting and feeling nauseous?
- Behaving abnormally and getting irritated. What is causing this feeling?
- On prozac 20mg for depression, bipolar and paranoia. Getting shortness...
- For social anxiety what benefits could i get from phenibut?