What is the cause and treatment for recurring diarrhea?

Rheumatologist
Question
I have been traveling and have developed diarrhea which comes and goes. I take pepto bismo and then the symptoms recede but then come back. I have some gas but not obvious blood in the stool. The only medications I am taking is Lisinopril 10 mg.

Shall I continue home remedies or go immediately to a doctor? I can make an appointment for next week.
Thank you.
Posted Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on HCM.

Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that I dont think considering the given history that you have any emergency so you can take an appointment for next week but do show to some doctor.

When there is fever , blood and mucus in stools or anemia , these are the signs which need immediate evaluation.

Dr. Shruti