Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

What is the cause and cure for breathing problem from one nostril?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
suffering with breath problem. I can breath with left nose, but problem with my right nose. That to at night times, i am not able to breath. Please suggest what to do?
Posted Sun, 22 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Deviated nasal septum is most probable Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX I have read your query. You probably seem to have a Deviated nasal septum (DNS). That is the reason for not able to breath through the right nostril. It also becomes more at night while you are asleep. Nothing to panic; this is a common problem. I would suggest you to consult an ENT specialist and get your nose examined for the same. In my view, it is not related to the teeth braces that you had. Please go ahead with the consultation. On confirmation, management can be planned accordingly. Meanwhile, you can do steam inhalation twice daily to get some relief. Take care and get well soon.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor