What is the best treatment therapy to cure Polycystic Ovary Disease (PCOD) and amenorrhea?

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Fri, 24 Aug 2018 in General Health
Question: I have PCOD and have amanerrhoea .What are the measures / treatment course I should undergo to cure.
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Lifestyle modification

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
Polycystic Ovary Disease (PCOD) is a hormonal disturbance which occurs due to underlying insulin resistance in the body.
The mainstay of treatment is weight loss, exercise and lifestyle modification like playing outdoor games like badminton, tennis etc, avoiding junk and oily food and maintaining a normal body mass index.
Amenorrhea is treated by regular oral contraceptive pills containing cyproterone like Krimson 35 or Diane 35, to be taken for 6 months, along with the above-mentioned measures.
Metformin can be given in a few cases, depending upon the hormonal and sugar levels.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr. Deepti Verma
OBGYN

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T