What is lithium used for?

Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 27 Aug 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: What would cause a decrease of lithium in your system. The dose has not been changed. Is lithium distributed in tablet form
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
See next

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.
First, litium is not prescribed because of low concenatration in blood, but because of certain psychological disorders such as bipolar disorderfs, depression or mania. So lithium must be prescribed in such cases and not to treat lack of it. Lithium can be taken in tablet and capsule form and dosage depends on severity of symptoms and you should discuss it with doctor that prescribed it. WIsh you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T