What is cupping. Is it good for you? What are
Age related degenerative change.
Thanks for posting your query.
Bulging disc is an age related change in the spine due to repeated stress to the spine. The bones gradually start cupping and the discs that act as cushion between the two vertebral bodies start to bulge out and gradually compress the nerves coming out of the spinal cord. The nerve compression causes the symptoms of tingling and numbness.
The treatment depends on the severity of the symptoms. Physiotherapy helps in preventing the further deterioration.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
I was referring to the procedure called cupping. Is it helpful to your back?
I got 2 injections of steroids/lidocaine which helped to relieve my back pain and stiffness. How long will in injection last? Is there a downside to getting these injections?
Regular physiotherapy can help.
Thanks for writing again.
Cupping is helpful in decreasing the pain due to the bulging discs but the moist helpful thing is a regular physiotherapy exercises. Steroid injections only help in reducing the inflammation and decrease the pain for 6-8 weeks. It does not prevent the further deterioration of the problem. Using L-S belt and regular physiotherapy can help.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can spinal stenosis cause joints pain and swollen ankle, thighs and knees?
- Having lower back pain with tickling and pulsating sensation. What could...
- MRI of knee showed occult displaced fracture. What is it and what is the...
- What is the cause and treatment for painful knee with walking difficulty?
- Having ump into superclavical. What could the long tube feeling be?
- MRI findings show posterior disc bulges at L5-S1 and L4-5 levels....
- MRI scan shows Lumbar spondylosis. Suggest
- What causes pain in left groin and lower back and how can it be treated?
- Had MRI scan of right ankle and prescribed with zyloric for reduction of...
- What would be the cause of sudden neck pain on one side?