Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

What is best treatment for continuous hair fall?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2609 Questions
i m suffering from hairfal continuously from past 5 months and everyday it increasing more... so please suggest me a good medicine for this with product name .. Thank you
Posted Sun, 8 Dec 2013 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Long term hair fall : Proper assessment required. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same. Now your problem is regarding hair fall. First of all, we need to find out the reason for this excess hair loss. Was there's any illness or surgery which preceded the beginning of hair fall? Any history of stress? What is your current hemoglobin? Any history of pregnancy or childbirth? Also I would like to know if the hair fall is from the entire head or only from the front? Now as far as the treatment is concerned, you need to apply a topical steroid lotion containing beclomethasone to the root of hair follicles once a day. You can use something like zydip lotion. In addition, use minoxidil two percent lotion once a day. Again apply it to scalp at the base of hair follicles. You can use one of these in morning and other at night. Wash hair twice a week only with any shampoo. In addition, take oral biotin tablets 10 mg once a day. Take a diet rich in eggs, pulses, nuts and carrots. You can get a hemoglobin and thyroid profile done to rule out some important causes of hair fall. You need to take the above treatment for atleast three continuous months before we can expect any improvement. This is the normal time that it takes for hair to regrow . Hope it helps, If you have any other query, please let me know. Dr Geetika Paul.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor