What does white particles in urine post treatment for UTI indicate?

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in Infections
Question: I have had 3 consecutive UTIs, each leading to a yeast infection. I just fnished 3 days off septra and am noticing white particles in my urine. Does this mean the infection can still be present or is it just my bladder flushing out the bacteria?
Answered by Dr. Heera Lal Poonia 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
if you don't have symptoms, you are recovering

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXX, welcome to HCM and thanks for choosing us.

I share your concerns about frequent UTI. If you don't have symptoms like burning sensation during micturition or fever or urgency of micturition or pain in bladder area, in my opinion you have recovered from UTI. The white particles are exudates, which generally comes out after urine infections. However if you develop any of the symptoms I have mentioned, you need to restart your medicines again after consulting your doctor.

However I would advise you to kindly visit your urologist to know the reason behind frequent uti. Ther could be stones in your urinary system.

I hope my reply will help you. Please write to us for more information and follow up queries. I wish you good health. Kindly rate this response. Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Heera Lal Poonia