What does this urinalysis report indicate?

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Concerned with urinalysis report. PH is 5.0 Protein is 0.25 LEUK.ESTERASE 25 BILIRUBIN-URINE SMALL

MICROSCOPIC: AMOR URATE: MANY, LEUKOCYTE: 0-2 / HPF, MUCAS PRESENT, SQUAM EPITH: FEW
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
NO need to worry... Not suggestive of an infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

This report is normal. There is no reason to get worried about unless there are some specific symptoms of concern to you. This is not suggestive of an infection as nitrites are negative and the leucocytes are 0-2/HPF which is normal. Also, no germ was found examining this sample under the microscope. Squamous cells are normal and urate crystals form in acidic urine. All these are normal and there is no need for any further aggressive medical steps investigating for urinary problems unless there are unresolved symptoms about this.

Was this just part of a normal routine evaluation or did you have/report any symptoms?

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 10 minutes later
Could any of this explain large amounts of mucus with bowel movements? This happens 2 out of 3 times. Stools vary with consistency. Sometimes I think im having a loose bowel movement and it is strictly mucus .
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for this follow up question.

None of this can explain the symptoms you have mentioned. if your stool seems not to be in good consistency, I will suggest you rather get a stool exam. However, I am not sure that any infectious abnormalities would be identified.

Have you been having your screening colonoscopies? If yes, when was the last time you had one?

I hope this helps.
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 9 minutes later
Yes had one about a year ago. Everything was clear Melanosis coli noted at the cecum
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
See below!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for this follow up information.

With a clean colonocopy last year, it is unlikely that these symptoms could be caused by a concerning condition like cancers. Melanosis coli is a benign finding and you need not get worried about it. It means that black spots could be seen in the colon but with no other concerning abnormality. When is the next colonoscopy due? 5 or 10 Years?

For now, a stool exam and culture would be helpful and makes a good start. Please, do communicate the results to me when they are available so that together we can establish a management plan and follow through to help relief you of these intestinal symptoms.

I hope this helps. I look forward to hearing from you.