What does this ultrasound report indicate?

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Wed, 14 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: This is my sisters report i have attached.she is given injections namely origin injection,polic acid tab, PNV, Susten 200.is this treatment okay?. What else medication would you suggest?
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Adequate treatment

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX, I have gone through your question and understand your concerns. As per our communication on 8/5/15, the report of your sister shows a otherwise normal pregnancy, but presence of a subchorionic collection.
Subchorionic collection or hematoma is the accumulation of blood within the folds of the chorion (the outer fetal membrane, next to the placenta) or within the layers of the placenta itself.It usually gets reabsorbed over time if proper precautions are taken.
Origin injection is human chorionic gonadotropin injection (hCG injection) which is given in cases of subchorionic bleed to maintain the supply of hCG hormone to fetus and membranes, and maintain the pregnancy. It is usually given upto 12 weeks of pregnancy in a dosage of 5000 IU weekly.
Folic acid tablet is given in preconceptional period and in first trimester of pregnancy as it is known to decrease the risk of congenital anomalies in fetus.
PNV is multivitamin tablet which is given to fulfill the daily requirement of vitamins.
Susten 200 is progesterone which is given to support the pregnancy by making the uterine environment more favourable for fetus.
This treatment is completely fine and adequate for your sister. Moreover, as I mentioned yesterday,she should restrict her activity, avoid heavy and strenuous work, and avoid any sexual intercourse.
Hope you found the answer helpful. Please do get back for further queries.
Dr Deepti Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad