What does this semen analysis indicate?

Question
Hi Doc, I have a 20% active sperm, 25% sluggish and 55% non motile. 29million counts. Heavy coliform in semen. What is my chance of fertility. And how can I treat this. Thanks
Posted Fri, 22 Aug 2014 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Antibiotics plus co Q can help

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir ,
I have read your query and understand your concern.

The results of your seminal analysis reflect sperms with low motility.the expected number of active sperms for normal fertilization should be more than 32%,you seem to have 20% which is quite low.this is termed as "grade 3 asthenozoospermia".

This can lead to low fertility if untreated.

Associated infection-epidydimo-orchitis in your case has to be treated with tab doxycycline 100mg twice a day for 2 weeks.

This can increase the sperm motility.
sperm boosters like fertilaid can be used.

Regular Intake of zinc and coenzyme q can have excellent results.

Repeat semen analysis 3 times in the next 3 months.
I HOPE THIS INFO IS HELPFUL TO YOU.
THANK YOU