Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

What does this semen analysis indicate?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 3312 Questions
Hi Doc, I have a 20% active sperm, 25% sluggish and 55% non motile. 29million counts. Heavy coliform in semen. What is my chance of fertility. And how can I treat this. Thanks
Posted Fri, 22 Aug 2014 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Antibiotics plus co Q can help

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir ,
I have read your query and understand your concern.

The results of your seminal analysis reflect sperms with low motility.the expected number of active sperms for normal fertilization should be more than 32%,you seem to have 20% which is quite low.this is termed as "grade 3 asthenozoospermia".

This can lead to low fertility if untreated.

Associated infection-epidydimo-orchitis in your case has to be treated with tab doxycycline 100mg twice a day for 2 weeks.

This can increase the sperm motility.
sperm boosters like fertilaid can be used.

Regular Intake of zinc and coenzyme q can have excellent results.

Repeat semen analysis 3 times in the next 3 months.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Infertility Spclst

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor