What does this lab test of lung regarding dry cough indicate?

Dr. Shashi Dangwal

Pulmonologist

Posted on Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: atypical adenomatous hyperplasia 12mm mildly irregular ground glass nodule in the posterior lateral left lower lobe lithopedion 6x3x4 what should iknow what do i ask. i am an 84 yo woman.
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
Pl answer the questions mentioned below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXX,

Query posted by you does not give much information and which organ you are referring to. I presume it pertains to your lungs and to your uterus.

Regarding findings in the lungs, you have not mentioned if you have any symptoms of dry or wet cough, shortness of breath or any other symptoms pertaining to your chest.

The findings mentioned by you, are they the x ray chest findings or the CT Scan findings.

Pl upload more information and I would try and answer your queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Shashi Dangwal 3 hours later
refering to the lung i have a occassional dry cough occassional minimal sob, cxray, no other s/s thank u
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
You may need a spirometry and a CT chest

Detailed Answer:

Your symptoms do not seem to be very serious but you do have cough and sob occasionally.

In view of above and chest xray findings I suggest you consult a pulmonologist . You may need a spirometry and a CT chest if deemed so. This will help clear doubts and also help in deciding further course of action.