What does this MRI of bursitis of shoulder joint and rotator cuff tear in shoulder indicate?
Rotator cuff and bursa both are involved.
I have read your query.
You have not given history of previous fall or minor trauma, anyways. Your MRI scan tells about bursitits of shoulder joint and rotator cuff tear in shoulder.
For your information I want to explain you a little bit about rotator cuff. Rotator cuff helps in all the movements of shoulder joint and bursa act as lubricant and shock absorber.
Rotator cuff refers collectively to a group of four relatively small muscles that surround the ball and socket joint of the shoulder. These muscles are called the supraspinatus, infraspinatus, subscapularis and teres minor.
Your MRI scan shows defect in both these components and if pain and loss of movement are severe, then you definitely need arthroscopic surgery.
Cost of surgery vary from $17000-22000.
I hope you have got your answer.
You are welcome to ask further health related query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of Rotator cuff tear
- Rotator cuff tear causes
- Diagnosis of Rotator cuff tear
- Injection for rotator cuff tear
- Full thickness rotator cuff tear
- Massive rotator cuff tear treatment
- Rotator cuff tear vs impingement
- Neugaba m 75 in shoulder rotator cuff tear
- Rotator cuff tear recovery
- Estim for rotator cuff tear
- What does MRI report taken after lower limb pain suggest?
- Suggest dosage of albendazole 400mg for thread worm?
- What is the treatment for aritis spine,hoarseness in voice,heavy chest...
- Which surgeon should I consult for torn ligaments?
- Should I consult a doctor for raised black knot on side after a fall?
- Will I be disabled due to arm and carpel tunnel surgery?
- Can injury from the left leg cause the damage to right knee after...
- What is the treatment for painful boil in nose for insulin dependents?
- Is it possible that previous knee injuries cause problems in hip joint?
- What is the cause for pain and burning sensation in right arm and thigh?