What does this CT scan of kidney indicate?

Dr. Indu Kumar

Radiologist

Posted on Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: This is the CT scan and the doctor at Apollo hospitals XXXXXXX has advised for a PSWL procedure (shock wave).

Kindly let me know your views on the same.
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
ESWL is the treatment of choice.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXX
Thanks for writing to HCM

I have gone through your findings in detail.

There is small left renal calculus and it measures 4 mm in mid pole.
But,there is another calculus in left upper ureter measuring 10 mm and it is causing symptoms.It need immediate removal.
Now a days, best treatment for removal of calculus is Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL).It is the most common type of lithotripsy.
After the procedure,tiny pieces of calculus will pass out of your body through urine.
It is very safe process and takes about 45 minutes to 1 hour.

You should go for it.

Get well soon.
Hope I have answered your question.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
Follow up: Dr. Indu Kumar 5 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Can i speak to you on this, my no. is 0000
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You should consult customer care of HCM.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXX
Thanks for writing back

Sorry,we are not allowed to interact through phone.You can consult customer care of healthcaremagic to find out the solution.

Get well soon.
Hope I have answered your question.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Dr.Indu XXXXXXX