What does the knee MRI report indicate?
1. Tears of the posterior horn and body of the medial meniscus.
2. Promient chondromalacia patella
3.Small popliteal cyst
4. Grade 1 MCL sprain
5. Trace knee effusion
My problem is I can't get in to the orthopaedic surgeon till 02/15/2017 (Thats just for a consult)
Does this sound like I will need surgery, and what can I do know to help with pain
Medial meniscus tear may need a repair.
Thanks for posting your query.
You have knee ligament sprain and degenerative changes with some inflammation. The tear of medial meniscus needs an evaluation. If it is a major tear- more than a partial thickness tear then surgery might be needed. If it is just a partial thickness tear then rest and knee brace will help in proper healing of the torn meniscus in 4-6 weeks. Continue with rest, hot compress and avoid all the painful activities.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
There is intrasubstance proton density signal within posterior horn of the lateral meniscus which does not appear to reach the articular surface. Anteerior meniscus is normal configuration.
Does this help to explain anymore. Thank you You also said to use heat more than ice right.
Thanks for writing again.
The abnormal proton density signal suggests a tear and inflammation but in medial meniscus the thickness of the tear has not been mentioned. In lateral meniscus since the articular surface is intact, the tear is partial and is not a major one. A hot compress will give you more relief than a cold one.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the findings from the right knee mri report
- Mri procedures for patients knees
- What does the mri report indicate
- Had mri results of knees what are the findings
- Minor discomfort in knee mri clear what is going on
- Mri of knee done what does the results suggest
- What does the mri of the knee indicate
- Mri of lump behind knee
- What are the findings from the knee mri
- Mri knee dark spot
- Can spinal stenosis cause joints pain and swollen ankle, thighs and knees?
- Having lower back pain with tickling and pulsating sensation. What could...
- MRI of knee showed occult displaced fracture. What is it and what is the...
- What is the cause and treatment for painful knee with walking difficulty?
- Having ump into superclavical. What could the long tube feeling be?
- MRI findings show posterior disc bulges at L5-S1 and L4-5 levels....
- MRI scan shows Lumbar spondylosis. Suggest
- What causes pain in left groin and lower back and how can it be treated?
- Had MRI scan of right ankle and prescribed with zyloric for reduction of...
- What would be the cause of sudden neck pain on one side?