What does the following ultrasound report indicate?
Multiple gall stones may occupy the entire gall bladder
Dear Ma am, Hi
Thanks for posting your HCM.
I appreciate your concern for the multiple gallstones.
As per the ultrasound report there are multiple gall stones which have occupied the entire lumen of gall bladder.
Gall bladder stores bile produced by the liver.
In response to signals, the gallbladder squeezes stored bile into the small intestine through a bile duct. Bile helps digest dietary fats.
You do not have associated symptoms like right upper abdominal pain which gets aggravated while taking fatty meals, yellowish discoloration of the skin, itching or altered colored of stool. In absence of the above symptoms it appears that entire gall bladder is filled with the stones and apparently there is no obstruction of the bile duct and hence there is a flow of bile into the intestine.
Hope the explanation given above has cleared your doubts regarding the gall stones occupying the gall bladder.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Got my ultrasound report what does it indicate
- What is efw in pregnancy ultrasound report?
- What are the findings from the ultrasound report
- What does the kidney ultrasound report indicate
- What does the ultrasound report mean
- Whole abdomen ultrasound done what does the report indicate
- Gynecology ultrasound done what does the report indicate
- What does my ultrasound indicate
- What does the ultrasound report suggest
- Ultrasound scan what does the report indicate