• question-icon

    What does the following CT scan report indicate?

Posted on Wed, 12 Jul 2017 in General Health
Question: I had a CT Scan recently that showed possibly a polyp, tumor, structure, thickening inside wall that might be inflamed or an infection. Both infection and inflammation were ruled out by blood tests. All blood tests were normal limits that were run. My gastro dr says we can diagnose diverticulosis for awhile and see if I have another episode. I have no pain now and bowel movements are normal. No bloody stools. I am 82 years old and would like to have a second opinion . I have problem with anesthesia causing my blood pressure to spike and trouble stabilizing it after . Therefore I am not wanting a colonoscopy at this time. Your thoughts please.
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kini 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Go for fiber rich diet. Colonoscopy can be post-poned for sometime

Detailed Answer:
Hello Dear. At your age we need to rule out if the tumor or polyp is cancerous. That's why may be colonoscopy is suggested. Diverticulosis is just a bulging in the mucosa which may cause bleeding per rectum.

Right now if you don't want to go for colonoscopy, you can wait and have a strict diet plan which involves fiber rich diet. Eat lot of bananas daily (if you aren't diabetic). Drink lots of water. If you have constipation you can take laxatives like syrup crimaffin or dulcolax tablets or dulcolax suppositories. See to it that you are not constipated. So with this strict diet plan if you are able to remain symptom free then its well and good. But if at all even with a strict diet plan for a month if there is still bleeding per rectum then better to go for colonoscopy.

Hope i have answered your question. Feel free to contact me if you have any more questions. I ll be glad to help you.
All the best
With warm regards
Dr Sanjay Kini

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Answered by
Dr. Sanjay Kini

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2009

Answered : 1355 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Ct scan

doctor1 MD

I am experiencing a partial vision loss - probably a TIA - what will happen when I go to the emergency room?? YYYY@YYYY

doctor1 MD

My father undergone Electrical cardioversion treatment due to having severe Atrial Fibrilation (AF). Needless to say the treatment did not work...

doctor1 MD

I got real dizzy and kinda lost tempory balance and experienced double vision but only for 30 seconds, twice yesterday. I am in good health at 78...

doctor1 MD

Sir, My right side floating rib hits somewhere and I am having pain while moving side to side when I sleep. Feels like the rib is hitting some...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

121 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Sanjay Kini
  • Q - Can narcissists have healthy relationships?

  • Q - How to remove object stuck in the anus?

  • Q - Is cholesterol level of 244 a cause for concern?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for itchy rashes on the lower back and forearms

  • Q - What causes burning sensation in the vagina with painful urination?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for depression

  • Q - What causes pain in the ankle after back surgery?

  • Q - Is piles operation advisable for a heart patient?

  • Q - Is lidocaine hydrochloride application on a catheter safe?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for twitching sensation in the calf