What does the MRI scan report suggest?
Minor MRI findings
Thank you for contacting us. I am happy to answer your questions about your MRI scan.
Bilateral unconvertebral osteophyte and end plate osteophyte essentially means normal 'wear and tear' findings for a 53 year old. Nothing to worry about.
When you have a neck strain or muscle spasm this leads to stiffness in the cervical spine region. This sometimes shows up as a reversal of the normal cervical spine curvature on x ray or MRI. I see such findings very frequently. Generally its nothing serious and responds to treatment.
Treatment might include a combination of the following - heat applications, anti-inflammatory medications, muscle relaxer medications, physical therapy, home exercises and stretches.
I hope this is helpful for you. Please message me back if you have any further questions.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Adrian Rawlinson MD
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Did mri scan of brain what does the report say
- What do mri scans show
- What do mri scans detect
- What does my mri scan report mean
- Mri scan on hand what to expect
- Had mri scan what are the findings in the report
- Vestibular neuronitis vertigomemory loss mri scan suggestion
- Neck pain mri scan done suggestion
- Got an mri scan what does this report indicate
- Mri scan what to expect