• question-icon

What causes neck pain when diagnosed with cervical spondylosis?

Posted on Mon, 17 Jul 2017 in Back Pain
Question: severe pain in neck due to cervical spondelysis,what we need to do ? please suggest
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Remedies for cervical spondylosis

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for the query

I can understand the problem you are facing due to the neck pain. Do follow these remedies for relief.

Avoid bending neck forward or lifting weights. Avoid using thick pillow. Use a good chair at work and follow ergonomic design of your workplace arrangements to reduce neck strain. Use good lighting for all your work.

Apply warm packs to the back of the neck three to six times a day. Take Tablet Myospas Th 8mg at night which is a prescription medicine or you cash take Tablet Ibuprofen 400mg twice a day after meals and Tablet Rabeprazole twice a day before meals for 5 days. Perform neck extension and shoulder strengthening exercises by a trained Physiotherapist.

If possible, so upload your Xray of cervical spine for me to assess the severity.

I hope I have answered your query.

I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Dr.Aashish Raghu
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Aashish Raghu 1 hour later
Hello sir, Thanks for your input.this query is for my wife XXXXXXX XXXXXXX age 29.attached report for cervical spondelysis.She is working and yes need to work on computer for 8-10 hrs.today suddenly the pain increased a lot and in hurry i came to hospital for immediate consultation.So please check the report and suggest for way forward.

Regards XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Needs Physiotherapy

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your reply.

I have viewed the attached xrays.

As mentioned earlier, please follow the remedies for relief.

She needs to attend physiotherapy for neck extension and shoulder strengthening exercises for atleast 4 months. Posture need to be improved.

This will be enough for her treatment for time being.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Aashish Raghu 36 minutes later
Thank you sir, I will follow the same.attached is the physiotherapy which is prescribed today.
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It's a good prescription

Detailed Answer:
I have viewed the physiotherapy prescription and find that it will be effective for your wife for relief.

She must follow the precautions as well which I have mentioned in the earlier answer.

Follow up: Dr. Aashish Raghu 9 minutes later
Thank you sir , kindly close the diacussion.
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please cend the discussion from your side. Thank you.

Detailed Answer:
Please end the discussion from your side as I have not been given the privilege to do so.

Hope she gets well soon. Do follow up on her progress.
Dr. Aashish Raghu

Orthopaedic Surgeon