What does tenderness and redness around the nipples suggest?
You should have a clinical breast examination.
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
Your symptoms may indicate breast infection which can cause pain, redness, tenderness and swelling. You can take acetaminophen or ibuprofen and antibiotic which should be prescribed by your doctor.
Also nipple tenderness may be the sign of the breast cancer. You may notice unexplained asymmetry and swelling of the breast. Skin of the breast, areola or nipple may become red or swollen.
Please note that these symptoms are not only due to cancer but it is important to check your breasts. I suggest you to visit your doctor so that he or she will examine your breasts. Also you should make a mammography to find the reason of your symptoms.
Hope I have answered your question. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes red crusty nipples
- What causes tenderness redness and swelling in the ear
- Male red tender nipples
- What does redness on nipples mean
- Pain and redness in the breast and nipples kindly suggest
- What do you suggest for a red tender sore
- Tender red lump above nipple
- What is this red spot on my left nipple
- Nipple tender red and scab
- What is a red swollen tender hot bump on leg