What does severe pain in the abdomen and back indicate?
Could be due to muscle spasms
Your back pain could be due to muscle spasm. Hot compress should provide relief.
The vicious cycle of pain and spasm needs to be broken and I would insist you to take Paracetamol or Acetaminophen two tablets together twice or thrice daily for the next 3 days.
This should ease the problem and make it go away. If it does not spondylosis could be another cause to consider.
I would insist you to get an X-ray of Lumbosacral spine (AP and lateral) done and to see a physical therapist with the reports.
Based on the findings he would be able to demonstrate to you proper exercises that should provide relief.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Prof. Kunal Saha, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What does severe pain in abdomen after eatingphysical activity indicate
- What causes sever pain in the abdomen
- Severe pain in back passage
- Have severe pain in the back and the spine
- What causes severe pain in the upper back shoulders
- What indicates severe pain in scapula fingers and back
- What causes severe pain at back and legs
- What causes severe pain from back to arm
- What could cause severe pain in lower back with vomiting
- Sneeze and severe pain in back
- Suggest treatment for severe loose motion
- Is there any cure for degenerative mucoid cyst associated with...
- Suggest treatment for chronic severe diarrhea and stomach pain
- Does Klonopin of a different brand cause any adverse reactions?
- What causes unusual sweating?
- Suggest treatment for joints pain in a person with IBS
- What are the side effects of Superglue injection?
- Suggest remedy for excessive dryness in mouth
- Is restarting of Casodex advisable after stopping it?
- Suggest treatment for severe constipation