What does recurrent bleeding when on Qlaira suggest?
Adjust the pills or take Mafenamic acid. Details below.
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns today.
This type of breakthrough bleeding is common in the first 2-3 months of starting the pill as your body is getting adjusted to the pill. It does not indicate anything serious. Please note that not taking pills at the same time each day, smoking, using antibiotics like ampicillin, rifampicin can cause breakthrough bleeding.
If you wish to stop this spotting you may try one of the following:
1. Take mefenamic acid tablets 500 mg thrice daily for 2-3 days. I think it is available as Ponstel in your country.
2. Take 2 active pills each day for 2-3 days. Do not take the last 2 inactive pills. Instead start a new packet on day 27. With this change you may not get your period. Do not worry about it.
I hope this helps. If you have any further concerns do write to me through Healthcare Magic. I will be happy to answer.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Qlaira what colours mean
- Qlaira started bleeding caused excessive
- Qlaira breakthrough bleeding
- Qlaira intermenstrual bleeding
- Qlaira pill spot bleeding
- Qlaira intermenstrual bleeding causes
- What do you suggest for bleeding when pregnant
- Qlaira mid cycle bleeding
- When do start works qlaira
- What causes spotting while taking qlaira for uterine bleeding